Monday, December 22, 2014

Author Spotlight~~Annabel Fanning



The blurb:
Logan has loved Gemima for years. 
Gemima doesn't know. 
After her deadpan relationship implodes, Logan seizes his chance to rock her world.
Set in picturesque Paris, SHE is an erotic tale about falling madly in love. Combining sex, passion, and romance, these two high-flying professionals will leave you saying, “Oh, la la!”








Author Stalker Links~

Pinterest:

Goodreads

Facebook:

Twitter:




Get to know Annabel Fanning~ Bio and Interview

Bio:
I'm sort of international in terms of my parents' mixed-nationalities and where I've lived, but I think of myself as British. I spent my childhood in an idyllic Scottish country town. Now I live in Perth, Western Australia.
The idea for SHE came to me at the beginning of this year. I was working on a website as a freelance editor and I saw several posts about writers required for short erotic stories. My curiosity was sparked!!
I wrote the first two pages of SHE and something clicked within me. I knew I wanted to (had to) keep writing it and a plot formed in my mind soon after.
Because this was my first piece of erotic writing I had anticipated that SHE would be a short story, but once these characters got going they could not keep their hands off of each other 
Very soon I surpassed the 100k mark and I had so much I still wanted to write, and so decided to cut SHE in Parts 1 & 2.
I published SHE part 1 a few weeks ago (have you got your copy yet?) Part 2 will follow next year.

1. What would you say has been the best experience so far in your journey to becoming an author?
I've enjoyed growing as a writer - becoming better with every story/piece I write. I wrote my first novel in 2008, published it in 2009, and since then I've written 6 more novels, including my newest SHE. Each time I produce something new I feel like I'm adding to my own presence as a writer, and that's been a great feeling.

2. What is your life motto?
I picked up one earlier this year - keep on walking. 

3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Morocco. The colours, the sights, those awesome mosaics! There's something there that pulls me. And I'd love to see the Atlas Mountains.

4. Is there any one person that is your biggest supporter or inspiration?
My cat - LOL! There have been one or two people that have helped me to grow, to stay focussed on a "big picture" - meaning there's more to life than just my books. I have lots to be very thankful for, and these people are wonderful at reminding me of that whenever I stumble and need a good reminder. Their words have given me confidence to continue growing as a person.

5. Did you always want to be an author and if not, what did you want to be when you were little?
No, I was dead-set on being an architect. When I was little the only thing I EVER drew was houses. Houses, houses, houses. The outside of houses, the internal floor plans - I just loved everything about creating my own home, then taking a new sheet of paper and creating something entirely different. This ended mid-teens when my passion for music and songwriting took over, but I still love drawing houses!

6. How would you say this experience has changed you?
It's definitely given me more confidence and belief in myself! I'm so much more capable of organisation than I thought - haha! The process of writing SHE was very liberating - I gave myself permission to do whatever I wanted, and the sex is very explicit, so that freedom was a great thing to have. I've taken that liberation into many other parts of my life now too, so this book in particular has seen me through some wonderful changes.

7. Do you have a favorite author?
No, not really. They are a few (writers of varying genres) that I've been influenced by, but I haven't followed any one writers career very closely. I'm more of a spontaneous reader.

8. From your book, which character would you say was your favorite to write?
Most of the book is only Gemima and Logan, and they are both fun to write! Gemima makes me laugh a lot - I like her quirkiness and internal-monologues. Logan is very romantic and forward and sexy - he's a lot of fun to write too! I can't choose.

9. What can we the readers expect from you in the future?
SHE part 2 will be coming out in 2015 - no date set just yet. That's my current project, after that...I could go in any direction. I don't think erotica is necessarily the genre I will focus on, I might revisit some novels I've written in the past, jazz them up a bit, and then release those too. There are endless potentials, I'm looking forward to finding out myself :)

10. Is there anything you would tell others who are thinking of writing a book?
At some point you have to stop thinking and start writing. The first step is the hardest. What's that saying? Oh yes: A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.


No comments:

Post a Comment